Monday, January 19, 2009

Tampa Tri Team Update 1-17-08

First things first . . . we have had so many new people join our club in the last two weeks that I'm a little concerned several of you are going to miss out on the opportunity to purchase tri gear. I can't guarantee when/if we will place another order because we will have to have a minimum purchase like this time, so if you want something, now is the time. I spoke with Squadra yesterday and even though our order is in production, we may be able to add a couple of items IF I have the additional requests to them by Monday - it all depends on what is requested and what they already have printed. They asked me to send my wish list and they will see what they can do. So, if you still want something, email me your order ASAP. The order form is attached, along with the design. Our pick-up date is Friday evening, March 13. We'll either do the pick-up at my house or do it at the Youth & Family Center - set-up the bouncy house, let the kids play in the gym, water park would probably be open by then, etc. Let me know if you have a preference. I would like to get a team picture that night too.

If you are doing St. Anthony's or another Olympic distance race for the first time this season, or if you simply would like a more detailed plan to follow, come to Lisa's informational meeting on Wed, January 28 at 6pm at the Bob Sierra YMCA. If you would like to do a spring Olympic and utilize our free training program, but didn't get into St. Anthony's, you can sign-up for the Sarasota Sharks Triathlon at Siesta Key on May 9 (just two weeks after St. Anthony's). This would give you a little more time to build some base before starting your training. You can email Lisa directly at Lisa.sandusky@verizon.net for more information.

If you join or renew your membership with USAT this month, you can receive a free Endurance Films video on either open water swimming or transitioning. Don't worry if your membership is not due until later in the year, the 12 months will be added to your existing membership, it won't be cut short. If you do three or more triathlons a year, it is worth your time to join USAT. Here is the link if you are interested . . .
usatmembership.com. Please email me your USAT numbers asap so that I can get our club registered with USAT. THANK YOU!

I copied an email below from the St. Anthony's race director (I'm sure several of you received the same email). It looks as though he is involved with the Nation's tri in DC this year on September 13. Victoria and I did the race last season and it was amazing! The mayor of DC is an elite triathlete - they shut down the WHOLE CITY for the race - we had four lanes of traffic to ride our bike if we wanted it. Additionally, it was very motivating to race through the monuments. If you are looking for a destination race, I would HIGHLY RECOMMEND this race, as I'm sure Victoria would also. I know Dayna Davidson is planning on doing the race this season. It wouldn't take much to convince me to do it again. Let me know if you are planning on it. Here is the email from Phillip . . .
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Nation's Triathlon~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
2009 St. Anthony's Participants,

Last year I had the opportunity to assist the race organizers with producing The Nation's Triathlon in Washington, DC. It is truly one of the most memorable experiences I have had in the sport of triathlon. It features a course that winds through Washington, DC's monument corridor in the shadow of the nation's best known memorials and national treasures.
From its one-of-a-kind course route in and around the monuments of Washington, D.C. to its extra large transition area, fast course design and athlete friendly attitude, this race is great for new triathletes and seasoned veterans alike. For more information or to register, click on the link below.
http://rs6.net/tn.jsp?e=001otOf2ojRFlgxRyCcpEMZC6WKIGBNDBLgs58Z21r5uKIuIqz2MkbJNxbDJzslRfsSy2QX8xwNTc6MKcowSxTU8KRDLdEINsNJB9jzqHQemkkDCejZcb1kA8kITBlCbVqXwEF8-53T1lIK3bAQRX3RO4M8NaklDR3_tmEfJ5NnINffLHW7elpuEA==

I hope to see you in Washington D.C. on September 13th

Safe Training!

Philip LaHaye
Event Director
St. Anthony's Triathlon


The East Pasco YMCA will be hosting a sprint Triathlon in Zephyrhills on March 15. This is a pool swim race. Race start is 8:30am, registration opens at 6am. This is a great first-timer race, do it as a relay or just work off the race kinks before you head into a competitive season. Let me know if you are planning on doing it. Here is the link to register: www.tampaymca.org/eastpascotri . This would be a great race to do as a team.


Muddy Buddy registration is now open! The race is on Saturday, May 9 and is A LOT of fun. I would recommend doing it at least once. My husband and I are already registered as are several others. This race does sell out very quickly, so if you want to do it, get registered asap. The website is http://www.muddybuddy.com/. Let me know if you're doing it and what your team name is. Last year we had about 14 teams from the Y participate, we went out to dinner the night before and just had a lot of fun. They do have a kids race too - last year the whole Sandusky and Hickson family participated.


Also, there is an "unofficial" masters swim at the YMCA on Saturday mornings at 10:30am. If you have any questions about this, email Jeff Feldman at Jeff.Feldman@tampaymca.org.

Please email me your USAT numbers so that I can get our club registered. Also, let me know what races you are doing this season. You can stop by the tri-club board outside the new Spinning room to add, mark out any information on the board. Also, if I have misspelled your name on the tri club board, please correct it, then I can correct it on my computer at home before I put an updated list up.

No comments: